FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS TRAINING COURSE
Who this course is for
This course is not strictly for managers; any employee whose role involves any type of financial responsibility or input into financial processes/reviews would benefit from understanding the key financial concepts covered in this course.
This course is designed to instill a greater financial awareness in participants within the context of their roles in your business. This course can be adapted to suit all levels, roles and needs.
Course cost varies depending on requirements. Training is delivered at your office or your chosen location.
Duration is typically 1-2 days depending on chosen topics.
Finance isn’t just for Accountants. Everyone across every organisation has a role to play in managing and improving the finances, ranging from dealing with orders and invoices, through to budgetary responsibility, managing projects and strategic planning. Participants will leave with a solid understanding of the key areas of finance that they can influence in their roles and have the practical tools and techniques at their fingertips to enable them to really make a difference.
The learning methodologies used are heavily weighted on practical exercises and simulations and light on theory. Participants will create action plans to support application of practical tools and techniques into their roles, enabling them to really make a difference.
This course can be tailored to your needs, to cover some or all of the following areas to suit the specific requirements of your business and its employees. We can also incorporate other aspects of finance not mentioned below – please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- The content, terminology and structure of the key financial statements: Profit & Loss/Income & Expenditure Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- A highly interactive business simulation to demonstrate the impact of day to day decisions, actions and transactions on the business finances.
- How does it work within your own organisation? Application of accounting concepts to your own business to really understand what it means to you.
- Analysing and understanding financial information using ratios and considering how the results can be improved.
- Business cases: what important elements should be considered when contemplating large expenditure?
- Techniques for financially evaluating capital expenditures/projects
- Creating an effective budget: the importance of good budgeting, techniques, pros/cons of each and how to identify the relevant costs for a budget
- Managing a budget successfully: what should a budget holder do?
- Techniques for managing costs
- Variance analysis, action planning, forecasting
- The implications of discounting on your margins.
Why Work With Complete Financial Training?
We are the home of specialists in financial and commercial learning.
We work with organisations to improve their people’s financial and commercial acumen, thereby improving your business’ financial health and helping you to create the opportunities to invest in the things that you care about most.
At Complete Financial Training, we can work closely with you to assess the learning requirements of your business, develop a bespoke learning pathway for your people and provide them with the financial and commercial knowledge and tools that they need to help drive the continued success of your business.
The course was full of valuable information, loved the format of cards on the floor, made it easier to see/understand.
I found the training very helpful – probably better than the lectures at University on some topics. Helen was thorough and willing to answer any and all questions.
The practical nature of this course was extremely helpful and incredibly well focused to our needs, engaging me from beginning to end.
The Trainer was dynamic, open, friendly but professional. This course provided great value to our organisation.
The course raised my awareness significantly and provided me with the tools to evaluate the financial strength of our suppliers and clients.
The course was really helpful and easy to understand. Helen pitched it perfectly. Best course I’ve been on for a while. Thank you!
I am getting more involved with the financial elements of projects and this has given me far more confidence in that respect. The trainer was very open and approachable.
Collaborative, engaging, informative, team driven, extremely valuable and a great link between finance and operations.
Excellent – I’m amazed by how much I’ve learnt about the accounts and how they can be used in decision making.
The Trainers understand our business and needs so well that it is like they are part of our team rather than external Trainers.
What Financial Training Could Your Team Benefit From?
Download our free Financial Learning Needs Analysis and share it with your team to determine what training they might benefit from – simply fill out the form and download the document.