COMMERCIAL ACUMEN & AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE
Who this course is for
This training course will benefit employees working in all levels and areas of your organisation; everybody’s decisions ultimately impact the success of your business.
To enhance employee understanding of what every organisation needs to do to achieve top level success.
Course cost varies depending on requirements. Training is delivered at your office or your chosen location.
Duration is typically 1-2 days depending on chosen topics.
Commercial acumen requires an understanding and awareness of a wide variety of areas. This course goes beyond financial skills and principles, looking at a range of dynamics that influence the success of an organisation.
By developing their awareness of these core business principles, participants will leave with a clear understanding of specific actions that they and/or their organisation should take to reach their goals. The course can be tailored with specific examples from your own organisation, enabling participants to approach future decisions with more mindfulness of the wider commercial impacts.
This course can be tailored to your needs, therefore if there’s another aspect of commercial awareness you would like covered in your training course, please get in touch to discuss.
- What is it that makes other organisations successful? Strategies and tactics that they adopt to attain their goals. What are the different ways to measure and define success?
- What is commercial acumen and how is it different from financial acumen?
- Understanding how a business works: a highly interactive simulation reviewing the typical decisions and actions that a business takes and the implications of these, both financially and commercially. Financial jargon will be demystified!
- What does commercial thinking look like? The critical points that should be considered within every commercial decision and how to apply this to your own role.
- What makes a business successful? The seven principles of business success and the eighth hidden, yet crucial, building block.
- Applying these principles of success to your own organisation: what do you need to do differently to achieve/continue to achieve top level success?
Why work with Complete Financial Training?
We are the home of specialists in financial and commercial learning.
We work with organisations to improve their people’s financial and commercial acumen, thereby improving your business’ financial health and helping you to create the opportunities to invest in the things that you care about most.
At Complete Financial Training, we can work closely with you to assess the learning requirements of your business, develop a bespoke learning pathway for your people and provide them with the financial and commercial knowledge and tools that they need to help drive the continued success of your business.
Excellent – I’m amazed by how much I’ve learnt about the accounts and how they can be used in decision making.
I found the training very helpful – probably better than the lectures at University on some topics. Helen was thorough and willing to answer any and all questions.
The practical nature of this course was extremely helpful and incredibly well focused to our needs, engaging me from beginning to end.
I found the training very helpful and easy to understand. Relating the content to smaller businesses & Landsec helped put it into perspective. Very clear, perfect pace, unique ability to explain to those who have no idea about finance yet at a level which isn’t boring for (the more) knowledgeable.
I have a much better understanding of Greene King’s finances.
The course was full of valuable information, loved the format of cards on the floor, made it easier to see/understand.
Collaborative, engaging, informative, team driven, extremely valuable and a great link between finance and operations.
The training was incredibly valuable! I wish I had done it sooner in my career!
Phil quickly understood my own development needs whilst also understanding how they fit into the wider financial context. This was invaluable.
It was an excellent course that was adapted to be very relevant to LandSec.