Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Who is it for?
This course is useful for anyone at any level in the organisation as everyone can impact its financial performance. As with all of our courses, the level that this is aimed at can be flexed up or down as appropriate for the needs of the course participants.
The Trainers understand our business and needs so well that it is like they are part of our team rather than external Trainers.
I now have a better understanding of the impact of setting a business strategy.
Phil quickly understood my own development needs whilst also understanding how they fit into the wider financial context. This was invaluable.
I have far more insight into the effect that decisions I make will have on the company. The post-course mentoring was very useful.
Use of real life internal examples was very helpful. Will make loan decisions easier.
The Trainer was dynamic, open, friendly but professional. This course provided great value to our organisation.
I am getting more involved with the financial elements of projects and this has given me far more confidence in that respect. The trainer was very open and approachable.
The practical nature of this course was extremely helpful and incredibly well focused to our needs, engaging me from beginning to end.
Practical examples ensured that all delegates were involved in the learning process.
People like what they are seeing. We can look within the business and see that the financial and commercial acumen has improved.
What could be achieved if everyone in your organisation had a greater all round awareness of financial matters?
Imagine if all of those with a budget responsibility not only created and managed their budget effectively, but also truly understood the impact of it on the overall finances? What if everyone involved in large spends were able to take all of the relevant areas into account and perform some financial evaluation of their ideas before making the decision to spend?
This course can be tailored to your needs, to cover some or all of the following areas to suit your specific requirements. Participants will leave with a solid understanding of the key areas of finance that they can influence in their roles and have the practical tools and techniques at their fingertips to enable them to really make a difference.
- A highly interactive business simulation to cover the content, terminology and structure of the financial statements (Profit & Loss/Income & Expenditure Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow), with an emphasis on the impact of day to day decisions, actions and transactions on the business finances.
- How does it work within your own organisation? Application of accounting concepts to your own business to really understand what it means to you.
- The implications of discounting on your margins.
- Analysing and understanding financial information using ratios and considering how the results can be improved.
- Business cases: what important elements should be considered when contemplating large expenditure?
- Techniques for financially evaluating capital expenditures/projects
- Creating an effective budget: the importance of good budgeting, techniques, pros/cons of each and how to identify the relevant costs for a budget
- Managing a budget successfully: what should a budget holder do?
- Techniques for managing costs
- Variance analysis, action planning, forecasting