Business Case Decision Making Course
Who is it for?
Anyone involved at any stage in the process of creating and/or evaluating business cases would benefit from this course regardless of the size of the business cases that they are involved in and how long they have been doing it for.
A thorough business case is essential for making the best decisions on large expenditures, regardless of whether it is related to a project, a capital expenditure, an investment or anything else. A comprehensive one should cover a number of key areas to ensure there is sufficient information available to objectively assess its worth to the organisation. People involved in creating and/or assessing business cases for large expenditures need to be able to understand what should be included, compare one business case with another and make decisions on which one is going to create the most value to the organisation both financially and non-financially.
This course covers all of the necessary areas to ensure that participants are able to effectively produce and evaluate a comprehensive business plan. At the end of the course, participants will be asked to create a personal action plan which they can use following the course to help them to turn their ideas from the course into reality.
We would be delighted to tailor this course to your organisation and the specific objectives of the course participants – contact us for more details!
- Where does project funding come from?
- The business case: its purpose and the content that should be included within it.
- The stakeholders: understanding their perspective and adapting your business case appropriately and effectively to their needs.
- Creating a problem/opportunity statement.
- Financial evaluation techniques such as cost benefit analysis, payback, return on investment, net present value and the internal rate of return.
- The impact of the business case on cash flow.
- Measuring the success of a business case.
- Case study exercises to create and evaluate business cases.